APC Physio Pilates Classes Fermoy & Cork
Here at APC we encourage all of our clients to consider partaking in our Physio led Pilates programme, which focuses on strengthening your core muscle groups and improving overall wellbeing and flexibility. APC Pilates classes are available in Fermoy and Cork City throughout the year, please call 025 35015 today to enquire about available times.
What is Physio Pilates?
Physio Pilates is not a new fad form of exercise, in fact it has been in existence since the 1920’s and has long been a recommended treatment for those who are experiencing mobility issues. Pilates encourages us to use focus and concentration whilst moving our bodies through a range of very precise motions. These motions can be aerobic or non-aerobic and are beneficial because they help us to stretch and utilise all the major muscle groups in our body without over exertion and in a balanced and safe manner. By concentrating on our breathing, movement and the natural rhythm of our bodies, Pilates encourages us to pay more attention and quickly realise our natural abilities.
Physiotherapy-led Pilates is instructed by a specifically trained physiotherapist, ensuring that each client is engaging the correct muscles and position during the class.
Is Physio Pilates right for you?
Pilates is perfect for those who may not have a high level of fitness and is also extremely beneficial for those who are at elite level fitness. In short, Pilates can be practiced by anyone who has the desire to improve their physical and mental well-being or are post pregnancy
What do I need for a Pilates class?
All you need to bring is your mat if you have one, some water and comfortable clothing.
Pilates gives us a number of long-term benefits and is ideal for:
- Enhanced flexibility
- Strengthening and improving posture
- Improving coordination
- Improving balance
- Reduction of stress in your daily life
- Relaxing at the end of a busy day
- Becoming more aware of your body and its abilities
- Improving concentration
- Prevention of future musculoskeletal injuries
- As part of a rehabilitation plan, Pilates can assist with healing and enhanced movement
- Relaxation of muscles
- Builds strength throughout your body in all the major muscle groups
Pilates Classes Fermoy & Cork
Whether you’re already a Physio Pilates convert or want to try it for the first time, the team here at APC will guide you through everything you need to know in order to get the very best benefits from our classes. We have seen the difference Pilates makes to individuals of all ages and abilities and are strong advocates of the core principles of Pilates. APC offers Pilates classes in Fermoy and we would love the opportunity to speak with you about the many benefits this wonderful form of exercise can offer. Get in touch with us today to discover the many benefits of Pilates for yourself
Our classes will improve your:
- Body Awareness – we will not just tell you to copy our movements but we will teach you how to be aware of your body positions, your muscle activation and control of your movements.
- Coordination – we will ensure your movement is fully controlled to optimise your co-ordination which will help improve any tasks you carry out, day-to-day or in sport.
- Stability – we focus a lot on working our smaller stabilising muscles; these include the core muscles and many more. These muscles can often become dormant and we frequently see them weakened when testing in our clinic.
- Flexibility/Mobility – our classes also put a focus on flexibility/mobility; we include stretching exercises throughout the class to help relaxation and maximise the movement of all our joints.
- Strength – like all Pilates classes we will focus on the strength of all of our muscles; we will give progressions of exercises so everyone can challenge themselves to their own level.
- Balance – this is a very important component of physical fitness, especially as we get older. We spend time on balance exercises during every class to help you take control of your body when you feel un-balanced
Contact us now on 025 35015 to book or find out more.
Online Pilates Package
Do you want to do a Pilates Class anytime in the comfort of your own home?
Our Physio-led Pilates classes are 40-50 minutes in duration.
12 Classes of expertly lead Pilates. These classes should be done 2 times per week.
You will have permanent access to these classes so they can be repeated at anytime.
We combine our muscle strengthening exercises with relaxing stretches and mobility exercises to tick all boxes.
By concentrating on our breathing, movement and the natural rhythm of our bodies, Pilates encourages us to pay more attention and quickly realise our natural abilities.